Another delightful treasury, beautiful in it's bleached hues...
The Cold Fall, featuring Havisham... (which made it to the front page yay!)
I've started a sale in my shop- technically a November sale but I couldn't wait! I'm trying to clean out a few things to get the shop a bit fresh and ready for the new year, as well as making holiday shopping a bit easier for people. The dollar to dollar conversion is rather dramatic now, and I realised that some of my US prices saw me getting much more than I'm happy to get. So for November (or until the dollar levels out!) everything is reduced, some by as much as half. The supply shop is all half-price, with free shipping over $20.
New thrift scores- old sheet music (virtually impossible to find around here, you have no idea.) and some 1920s-30s deep frame Chinese pictures, with little buildings made out of cork. Moths and water have got to the insides at some stage, and I'm wondering if I shall leave them as is or pull out their guts and use the frames for box assemblage.
I just love how cruddy and decayed their backs are, they must've been in a shed or abandoned house or something. Re-discovered joy!
The music sheet paper is nice and crumbly too. Great for collage work!
I've been tinkering away in the studio, making more brooches, finishing some 'almost done' wrist cuffs and I started my first belt! That should be finished by next weekend. (It doesn't actually take that long, I'm just off for a few days holiday in Melbourne!)
And now- a tagged meme! Michaela over at Little Sparrow's Nest tagged me to list 7 random or strange things about myself, with the additional instructions to tag 7 others to do the same. So here we go!
1. I hate summer. Like everything in my life I just have to be different, and when other people are getting excited about the sun coming out, I'm stocking up on ice packs and making sure no one expects too much of me. I get very depressed, lethargic, emotional and manic in the hot weather - over the years my epilepsy medication has given me light/heat sensitivities which has served to make the situation worse. Hopefully this year won't be too bad as this house keeps nice and cool.
2. Back in 1999, I died in the E.R. -I then decided being dead was boring and hadn't finished here, so I came back. :)
3. When I was 14 my biggest fear was Spontaneous Human Combustion.
4. When I pull the newspaper out from the mailbox, I have a compulsion to wack it on top of the fence post. Which I do.
5. I am the only person in my family to attend and graduate university.
6. I believe in past lives- I have ideas that my father was once my little brother whom i had to walk to school with to stop the older kids throwing rocks at him, my mother was a dancer who worked at the same theatre as me, and my best friend has been my husband, brother, sister, brother-at-arms, son and many others. The instant we met it was as if we'd known each other all our lives.
7. I like weeds. Blackberries and Dandelions are two of my all-time favourite flowers. Throughout my history as a 'gardener' (person who is responsible for a patch of nature) people have always exclaimed loudly about the terrible weeds' in my garden. I say to them 'it's green ain't it? What's the difference!'
I'm supposed to tag 7 people but I've run out of time to do this- so if you want to do the meme, go right ahead! Next time I update I'll give you a list of 7 new blogs I've discovered- but now, I leave for the city!